Visit to Dobarsko
Dobarsko is a village in southwestern Bulgaria, part of Razlog municipality, on the southern slopes of Rila near the valley of the Mesta River.
The Church of Theodore Tyro and Theodore Stratelates, a small three-naved stone basilica half dug into the ground, was constructed no later than 1614 (with some sources claiming as early as 1122) and painted in 1672. The church donors, Bogdan, Hasiya and his son, as well as the builders Spas, Stanko and Smilen, are depicted in a donors fresco left of the door. The church is noted for its abundance of original frescoes and icons, some of which are interpreted as portraying Jesus in a rocket.
The other church, the Church of the Purification of the Virgin, is a richly-decorated Bulgarian National Revival work on the opposite side of the road dating to 1860.
45 BGNper person
- Transfers to and from the hotel
- The price does not include museum fees
- Minimum two people
- All bookings are subject to availability
- Available from April to October
- Please note once the date has been confirmed, no cancellation is possible